Assist Protect uses your personal data to manage and administer your membership and your involvement with its various products and services, and to keep in contact with you for these purposes:
• Informing you about product changes
• Confirming the benefits of membership
• Informing you about additional offers provided by Us or our partners depending upon your consent preferences.
Some data may be shared with our operational delivery partners to enable them to provide the services that are part of membership.
Where we rely on your consent, such as any consent we seek for email marketing, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
Amongst the data we collect from you may be your vehicle details information. We will hold this where you have given consent, so that we can understand the types of cars of members own to enable us and our partners to provide suitable replacements during a claim so you are supported appropriately.
This policy describes how Assist Protect (also referred to as “we” or “us”) will make use of the data we handle in relation to our members and customers.
It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which we carry out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “What rights do I have?” section.
We collect and process personal data from you or your parent when you join and when we carry out annual renewals of your membership. This includes:
• your name
• your home address, email address and home phone and/or mobile phone number;
• your type of membership(s);
• your payment method, where you provide these to pay for membership;
• your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us;
• your membership joining and renewal date(s)
• your membership ID (membership number(s))
• your Member Account Password
• number and type of vehicles/cycles owned by your family
• key renewal dates for your vehicle (where you have utilised our Reminder Service)
• names and contact details of people you have recommended to our services
Please note: we DO NOT collect or store any credit card, debit card or bank details.
Some information will be generated as part of your involvement with us, in particular data about your communications with us is also stored along with our responses to you. This can sometimes include recordings of phone calls that you make to us.
Sometimes we receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you use our services through one of our service providers, they may provide feedback to us on the services provided so that we are aware on its progress.
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
(a) To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: this is relevant where you make a payment for your membership and any merchandise, or enter a competition. This includes:
• communicating with you;
• providing and arranging updates on the progress of a claim.
(b) As required to conduct our business and pursue ours and your legitimate interests, in particular:
• we will use your information to manage and administer your membership to keep in contact with you for these purposes;
• we will also use data to maintain records of our performances and history, including when your car was recovered, when you received a hire car, when your car was assessed for damaged;
• we may choose to send you promotional materials and offers by phone, or by email where we want to send you offers relating to similar products and services that you have already bought or been given.
• we use data of some individuals to invite them to take part in market research or prize draws;
(c) Where you give us consent:
• we will send you direct marketing or promotional material by email;
• on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
(d) For purposes which are required by law:
• process information to meet our statutory duties;
• we may respond to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message, or by contacting us using the details set out below in the “How do you get in touch with us?” section.
In addition to sharing data with the our service partners specifically for the provision of benefits and services associated with membership, your data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
You have the same rights for data held by the Service Partners we use.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us – or, as appropriate, our Service Partner’s Data Protection Officer – using the details set out in the section below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Much of the information listed above must be provided on a mandatory basis so that we can make the appropriate legal checks. If this is not provided, we may not be able to provide you with appropriate assistance, services or support.
You can also, at any time, request and receive in writing the information we hold about you. Simply login to your account and you’ll find a link for this purpose.
Please note that e-mails are not 100% secure. We advise that you take this into account before e-mailing personal and confidential information to us. If you send information by e-mail to us you are doing so at your own risk.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to The Data Protection Officer, Mercia Place, 2 Main Street, Repton, Derbyshire, DE65 6EZ.
If you have any concerns about we process your data, you can get in touch at email@example.com or by writing to The Data Protection Officer, Mercia Place, 2 Main Street, Repton, Derbyshire, DE65 6EZ.
Please also see our contact
We process the majority of your data for as long as you are an active member and for 6 years after this.
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data for 12 months unless you ask us to stop, when we will only process the data for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
Where we process personal data in connection with performing a contract or for a competition, we keep the data for 5 years from your last interaction with us.
We will retain information held to maintain statutory records in line with appropriate statutory requirements or guidance.
Assist Protect accepts no responsibility for the content or privacy practices of any site to which a hypertext link from this site exists. The links are provided "as is" with no warranty, express or implied for the information provided within them.